Our Drama Therapists are provided by Roundabout Dramatherapy. They work with individual and groups of students across all of our school years.
Dramatherapy involves verbal and non-verbal work and makes use of a wide range of theatrical and dramatic techniques, such as story-telling, story-making and enactment, improvisation, role-play, mime, puppets, movement, music and voice work.
The general aims of Roundabout’s dramatherapy sessions include:
- Building trusting relationships
- Expressing and exploring feelings
- Developing social interaction skills
- Developing artistic and creative skills
- Improving self-image and self-confidence
- Working with the imagination
- Creating opportunities and skills for self-advocacy
- Having fun